Wednesday 10 June 2020

You've Got Mail

"When you read a book as a child, it becomes a part of your identity in a way that no other reading in your whole life does" - Kathleen Kelly (written by Nora and Delia Ephron).
Books, movies, music. So many of my favourites in all of these are still those that I loved and consumed as a child or teenager. In saying that, 'Moulin Rouge' was my first official favourite movie. I don't have an official number one anymore, just a rough top 5 - 10. However I think 'You've Got Mail' has been the unofficial favourite for a long time now. Am I ready/proud enough to call it? Not yet... but eventually I think I will cave in.
Two thumbs up - this is my go-to movie. For any mood. It cheered me up from being super cranky that afternoon (1. the all gold puzzle might have been a mistake; 2. why the fuck is everything damp/cold/wet?). No shame.